BitMinery Forums

Author Topic: KNOWN BUG: Jump Drive  (Read 456 times)

spocklin

KNOWN BUG: Jump Drive
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:16:02 AM »
I was on tonight and the jump drive never brought me to my destination...if it was 20+km away it would say "waypoint in range..." if i was closer it would jump me backwards...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:09:08 AM by ErthParadine »

Sachys

Re: Jump Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
I was on tonight and the jump drive never brought me to my destination...if it was 20+km away it would say "waypoint in range..." if i was closer it would jump me backwards...

thats been happening to me all the time - regardless of ship size.

KillaKrazy

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »
I think when he changed the sector sizes it somehow messed up the jump drives.  The jump drive will now jump you to a sector connected to the one you are trying to get to.  Even though it says waypoint in range.

spocklin

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:59:25 PM »
I still am having trouble jumping.

ErthParadine

Re: Jump & Warp Distance
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:10:28 PM »
Known bugs, map reset would not cure: http://phab.starma.de/T219 & http://phab.starma.de/T1362

This issue occurs with any non-default jump distance. Affects both jump drives and warp gates. Only solution is reverting back to 2K sectors, which we will not be doing.

Until this bug is resolved, plan your jumps accordingly:
  • If you're jumping near a star, don't arrive so close.
  • If visiting other pilot stations, try setting your destination for 1-2 sectors beyond your target.

Just finished (21APR2016) a ~7 hour debugging/troubleshooting sprint with a Schine development tester. The outcome:
  • Bug is confirmed, on our servers, and their own environments.
  • Occurs whenever sector size is set to something above ~3250, does not appear when sector sizes are smaller (we tested down to 500 meter sectors).
  • Is not corrected by a world reset
  • Is not corrected by changes to jump distance.

I'm locking this topic. Will unlock if we need additional feedback/information for Schine.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:50:43 AM by ErthParadine »