BitMinery Forums

Author Topic: Mermaid Murder  (Read 339 times)

Captainairspeed

Mermaid Murder
« on: July 17, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
their is a mermaid at spawn and some people want it murdered and removed from the station what do you think
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:22:35 PM by Captainairspeed »
I'll get around to doing It later right now I'm doing something else

Nacon

Re: Mermaid Murder
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »
Yeah...  He built it without speaking with the lead director of the project first.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
well originally it was nocts mermaid I just added rocks and we both made a pool because what spawn station is complete without a giant mermaid statue

Nocturna

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »
What about a giant statue of a brick? This is more modern.

Nacon

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
it's a nice statue but the station's theme should be neutral. A mermaid is something like a pirate would put in.

Honestly... it was very unexpected to see someone running off with an idea without any form of commutation. Just because I wasn't online doesn't means it's ok to do it behind my back.   I have to keep track of everyone's ideas, opinions and projects and maintain the neutral theme. There are reason why I have to give you and other builders the task, to avoid conflicts with other ideas and projects. One of you told another builder to redo someone's project without speaking to that builder.   Wasting both of their times that they put into it.  Good thing it was my work because I wanted to build the functional system of the shipyard and then ask someone to touch it up... not completely replace it.  Instead of wasting anymore time debating or blowing off steams, I adapted the style and had to redo the shipyard to make it functional and moved on.

Things will change over time till it become more refined. Not speaking with the lead director will only end up wasting more time and effort wasted.  Just like this one.  It's a nice mermaid, but done for the wrong reason.

Initiation(this is were we are now) at this stage people start talking about what they want to do what they need and whos taking part this is one of the hardest stages as this is were a lot of people start putting in negative input about the ideas saying its not possible or its too complicated and wont work

Initiation stage two at this stage people start to look around for the correct people for the job what is meant by this is that you don't need every good builder in a server or a building crew you need only one or two of each type in our case a lead director and builders with skills in logic block placement system architecture ship and station layout and any others we come up with(or require the reason we don't need more than 2 of each builder with their difren expertise is that people will start to go over eachovers work thinking ohh this hasn't been finished or I could do this better this breaks up a buildings team and causes issues lots of issues

Planning in this stage a lead director(in our case I think nacon is now in charge but that may change if he doesn't like it) is appointed this is usually the person who came up with the idea originally or the most experienced at group builds or at buildings.Builders usually one or two with expertise in certain areas are appointed its best to keep a group small so no more than 10-12 people as the larger the group the harder it is to get everyone to do their jobs and the harder it is to get team chemistry without team chemistry your project is pretty much bust as youl all start talking down eachovers work and start thinking your a better builder than anyone else.

You posted this... so why make it harder?

Captainairspeed

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
hmm yes I posted it but we followed none of the steps and just started building so why do I need to keep to something were not following?

Nacon

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »
Nocturna and I was the only one who was online at the time when we started, but Nocturna was going over with me on the project and I gave her the task to work on and gave myself one as well.  Hoping you or others would join us and so I could assign them their task and listen to their opinions.

Then recent update patch came, it caused a lot of problems, even at times I couldn't log on.   In fact, some people are having trouble logging on right now.  Some are getting the "whitelist" and "timed-out" errors.

Didn't think you'd not follow the steps when I knew you made that post describing how large projects are done.  It seem the commutation hasn't been great lately. Not only that, no one did anything for the small scale model contest. It really seem to me that the interest hasn't been that great.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:10:38 PM by Nacon »

Captainairspeed

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »
hmmm true and I dint realise we were following the layout I had posted duelly noted I suggest that you send people who are building a lost of things for them to do either ingame or in a pm on the forums for when your not their as we have to have a lead director with us at all times currently as you haven't allocated specific jobs yet besides saying serene do this nocty do that cap handle this that works when your online but you need to plan for when your offline

Nacon

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »
Good idea, I'll use display blocks near the prefab platform. Listing the project/rooms that it needs and a assigned list for everyone.

Nocturna

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 05:37:55 PM »
I think we can't build something better than Serene, so relax, gentlemen. Let river flow, I'm sure we will get very nice spawn when it will be done.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »
i guess your right ill remove the mermaid on Tuesday as i will most likely not be on tomorrow as its my birthday

Nacon

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:26:48 PM »
Happy birthday then! :D

Nacon

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »
Alrighty, left a big "note" sign near the prefab platform.  It has everyone's jobs listed, builder codes, checklist and a list of idea proposal that everyone can add.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »
ima propose a smaller mermaid statue

spocklin

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
dead