BitMinery Forums

Author Topic: Dev Build  (Read 176 times)

ErthParadine

Dev Build
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »
Now that we're on the new server hardware, we have plenty of disk space to play with a few things.

Given that the next release will include a very welcome update to 32-block chunks, some pilots have expressed concerns over how this update may affect their ships, stations, etc.

We have a dev instance running now, you can find it by pointing your client to stars.bitminery.com:8484 Please feel free to fly around and check things out. If you run into any bugs, PLEASE do one of the following things BEFORE nagging Schine over it:
  • Post a comment in this thread, so that we can follow a few steps and ensure that a report is useful/helpful to them
  • or; Login to Schine's official test server, and replicate the issue there.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:27:00 PM by ErthParadine »

Sachys

Re: Dev Build
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »
I'm guessing the update is taking some time  on the server?!

ErthParadine

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »
I'm guessing the update is taking some time  on the server?!

Yea, I'm watching it buzz along. I originally wanted to do the update in a separate instance, but the release came out before the daily restart & update check....we will endure!

Also - over the past week I'd had been running dev conversions, and reporting info to Schine. Each of my reports showed the conversion process would take 3-4 hours. This most recent release seems to be taking longer, but it is working. My guess is that they made some last-minute adjustments to the conversion code to address a few bugs, but it added to the conversion time...who knows.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:35:07 PM by ErthParadine »

Sachys

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

Yes, they fixed a bunch of stuff earlier (according to comments on the dock).

So I presume we'll be looking at either soon, or another couple of hours then?

ErthParadine

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »

Yes, they fixed a bunch of stuff earlier (according to comments on the dock).

So I presume we'll be looking at either soon, or another couple of hours then?

The end is near, QUICK, install pokemon!!