BitMinery Forums

Author Topic: Admins  (Read 235 times)

spocklin

Admins
« on: April 07, 2017, 03:05:10 AM »
IGN: spocklin
Time on server: more than a year
Admin experience: Depends on when and where? I have been an admin for games like total miner forge on xbox 360 where I ran a server of 10+ people with great success. Bans only occurred on cases of griefing, unfortunately those cases were common D:
Request: I would like to be an admin so I can help new players out more effectively when other admins are not online.
Permissions: I don't really need too many permissions I think you should be able to limit what I can do if you give me any at all.
Other: Since I cannot be on all of the time I think we should recruit at least 1 more admin to balance things out.
Events: As an admin I could have the ability to run server events, mothership assaults, fleet battles, exploration etc...I have been wanting to do stuff like this for a while and we could also setup a system of rewards for completing these missions.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:11:03 AM by spocklin »

Captainairspeed

Re: Admins
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
As an idea it would be an idea to have admins who are less involved in the politics of the Bit Minery Universe

Admins should not be given the chance to be biased and should not take sides which is why an admin should be a neutral player

at least thats my opinion awhile back i joined up with the creaticrew and i admin thier starmade server's and im one of the crews general moderators so in my experince admins are players but they should be players that dont hold grudges arent too involved in server politics and who maintain a mostly neutral status

^^^^^^^^
even with all that above i do agree that the server needs another admin the PAFKA System is a useful utility but it is just a utility meant to make the server run better and take care of the general admin tasks so their not overburdened with jobs.

the above is my own personal opinion and does not reflect the views of Airspeed Trading .Co (ATC) as a whole
I'll get around to doing It later right now I'm doing something else

spocklin

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:40:29 PM »
I'll put my politics aside, though I have no need to bring in politics in the first place? There really aren't any serious politics going on right now other than trying to help new players out and unfuck the usual stuff that PAFKA seems to completely ignore.

Sachys

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:56:38 PM »
I'll put my politics aside, though I have no need to bring in politics in the first place? There really aren't any serious politics going on right now other than trying to help new players out and unfuck the usual stuff that PAFKA seems to completely ignore.

You cannot unfuck yourself while trying to do this kind of shit, spock. Leave the administration to erth, and those that have a clue!

spocklin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:57:42 AM »
Sachys GTFO you don't even play on the serve XD Take your insults and leave please you are doing nothing good for the server by trolling our forums.

spocklin

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
"server, Also you are the ones bringing in politics into this thing not me so please remove yourselves from the conversation if you cannot control yourselves. We have important things to do on the server and they do not need to be stopped by people making childish comments.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »
Hey Spock you ever admined a server before that wasnt a personal one?

If erth wants another admin he will probably either choose someone he knows well and trust or someone with experince and who knows the community

spocklin

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:56:34 PM »
Let's get a few things clear here, Cap you abandoned the starbits community and therefore you are not in touch with everything going on there. I also stated that I would like to see a few admins and not just me. I also never said I wanted to be all powerful so idk where you two are getting that idea? Don't start slandering on here lol. A while back I did admin a few minecraft servers and 1 old and long dead starmade server, to which I cannot remember the name of. I am going to point out again that you abandoned the starbits server for somewhere else so idk where you get off saying you know the community. I have been on here and have stayed here since I first joined last year. I know the community better for sure. I just want to be able to help soak up the problems that PFAKA doesn't and run server events so that we can keep players interested.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
One i didnt abandon the community im taking a break from the server to expand my faction and then come back

Two i was referencing te fact hat i dont think getting more admins is something the community can "vote" on the server is erths the community has what control he allows it

The underlying cause is not me saying you'd be a bad Amin or you'd bepower hungry you'd actually make a pretty good general server moderator but in the end anything relating to the admiring ofthe server is more than likely under just eths control for him to deal with as he sees fit

ErthParadine

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:48:10 PM »
In the past three months the only admin-level requests I've seen have been for help with locating a ship, and resolving a bug in the PAFKA toolkit. The rest have been over game-code related topics, additional feature requests that the game cannot support, and a few bug reports...all tasks that were either not urgent, or simply something that even an admin can't do much about.

For aspiring admins, I would suggest you continue coaching newer players, and being otherwise helpful, neutral, and positive to the community as a whole: a qualified admin is far more about what you give, than what you get. When the time comes that admin workloads necessitate delegation, those are the types of contributors we'll seek.

spocklin

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:42:20 PM »
Many players cannot or do not have access to these forums or our server discord which puts their immediate requests for help far behind everyone else, only a small percentage of our community actually is in the discord.

Captainairspeed

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
that my friend is because a lot of people don't use discord

also Erth as an idea have you made a dock page for this server might be an idea to help get people who play on the server onto the forums and discord

spocklin

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:07 AM »
I do not want to get our server on the docks too much anymore. Too many people with their BS politics and it always gets shut down. The docks are an almost complete waste of time and headache.

ErthParadine

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »
that my friend is because a lot of people don't use discord

also Erth as an idea have you made a dock page for this server might be an idea to help get people who play on the server onto the forums and discord

For about a year, we've had an IGN announcement appear for each and every player upon logging into the server. If someone can't stumble their way from such published URLs to reach our forums, and/or for access to the discord channel, I just don't see how posting on The Dock is going to make much difference.

Personally, I greatly prefer the far technically superior Mumble Chat, and I'm not a fan of either TS3 or Discord. However, Discord is what many gaming communities continue to gravitate towards...so we're just going with the flow.