BitMinery Forums

Author Topic: Varying planet size.  (Read 401 times)

ErthParadine

Varying planet size.
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Planet size deviation isn't really that exciting, with a tendency for the larger sizes, even though the mean is currently set at 400, with deviation at 85.

Thanks to a discussion with Sachy's and Exitar in-game, we're considering changing this. As for any specific value...your feedback is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:26:00 PM by ErthParadine »

Nacon

Re: Varying planet size.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »
Isn't that a bit too late now?

I thought planets are generated when the world is created.
...or is it generated when coming into view first time?

Basically any existing known/visited planets is already locked to its sizes unless I'm mistaken?

spocklin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:52:29 PM »
The planets size is dependent on when it is "discovered" so if you found a planet before the change then it would be smaller if you found it after then it would be bigger.

Sachys

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:19:51 PM »
Theyre too big already - that whole thing with things not loading after popping several doesnt happen when theyre smaller. We already have a silly mining bonus, and, if you pop the core, you end up with a variety f different plate sizes, that do not adhere to what you just popped, which in turn makes people want to mine the planet unpopped, which in turn, yadda yadda...

I say reduce it to 250. Leave it at that
OR
Reduce the mining bonus

KillaKrazy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:45:16 AM »
After some thought I think if you want the 200 variation for the planets the mean size should be 200-250.  They already tend to load in at the higher diameters and a 700m planet I'm not sure if the server would survive.

ErthParadine

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »